Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

A project....



It has always been a dream of mine to start a charity. This summer, I have started to inch closer to this goal, but I need help! To give everyone a bit of a background of the goals of this charity, I am wanting to give art supplies to children who have gone through tough experiences or who could use a bit of happiness in their lives.

Creativity has been such a great thing in my life, I have danced my whole life (and still dance in my kitchen whenever I happen to be bored, depressed or if a good song just happens to come on Pandora), photography, painting and using an art journal have been great outlets for me, and sometimes I just feel like making a craft (whether it be jewelry or making a pillow). Because my creative side was encouraged and successful with my mother's guidance, I know that I have become a better person. Many kids aren't as lucky as I was though. Art supplies and dance classes aren't cheap.

So, in comes my charity. I will be working with local children's organizations (Scotty's House, Boys and Girls Club, etc) and I will also be taking recommendations from anyone who thinks they know a child in their life who could use a bit of creativity in their life. So, I ask you guys to please vote in this poll to make this dream of mine one step closer! I need everyone's opinion on picking the perfect name! Also, if you can think of a better one not listed, please feel free to comment!

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment