Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel and Pretzels

Ummm... guys. Just read the title of this post. Is your mouth watering yet? No? Maybe a picture will help.


Relay for life is this weekend and I thought I'd do my part and contribute to the bake sale since I will not be able to make it to the event.
And let me tell ya, these cookies are...amazing. I seriously could go on and on about them. But for your sake, lets get down to bizness.

I "mimic"-ed this recipe to create these cookies.

However, I took the easy way out and bought already made cookie dough (shhh don't tell), and I added sea salt to the tops of my cookies.

Here's what you will need (+sea salt):


The caramel bits are located in the baking aisle!
I separated the dough into balls the size that I wanted my cookies to be.


Next, I just smushed the caramel bit and small bits of pretzel into the ball (I used approx 4 caramel bits and 4 small pretzel bits per ball- the pretzel bits shown I made smaller).
After that, you put your cookies on a greased baking sheet, and add sea salt to the top.



Bake according to directions on cookie package. 
This is how mine turned out:


The sweet and salty combination is just perfect. Some of you may be skeptical to add salt to the top of your cookies but trust me, it really finishes there cookies off. I tried one with out the salt and it wasn't nearly as scrumptious.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment