Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Twist Method" Hair Tutorial

I thought it was about time I shared my hair secret to the world. On Pinterest I've seen this:

Headband to make waves 
and
Hair straighter to make waves

Although these are great tutorials, I've found that I've still stuck with my method because 1. I can't figure out how to do this headband thing AND 2. my method requires no heating element, which means no hair damage. This is important to me because I'm trying to grow my hair out, and the less damage, the quicker I can have healthy, long hair.

SO...without further ado, I introduce the Twist method. (I came up with this name all on my own if you can believe it).

Here's a video of how I do this:

Or if you would rather look at the pictures here is how I do it:
1. Start with damp hair. I usually take my showers before bed, and wait for my hair to get a little dry before doing this.
(I know, I'm stunning with out make up) 

2. Take a section of your hair that is closest to your face (I tend to think what section is my "bangs" and grab that).  

3. Grab another section that is behind the first section (around the same size or little bit smaller) 


4. Wrap the second section around the first. 


 5. Now your first section and your second section are one "section" 


6. Grab another new (3rd) section similar to the size of your first and second section. 


7. Twist this third section around the major/combined section (section one and two)


8. Continue this process until you have done half of your head and twist all the way down to your ends.


9. Repeat this process on the other side of your head.


10. Take your two "twisted pigtails" and twist them around each other
*note- if you have short hair you can just take a hair tie and combine the two pigtails into a pony tail at the nape of your neck.


11. Take a hair tie and tie off your ends.


See how I left a good amount of my ends out? This is for two reasons: 1. its less likely for the hair to fall out of the hair tie and 2. when the ends are out, it results in a more natural looking wave.

Also, many times I have used a small hair claw instead of a hair tie, and its works just as well.


Here's a video with the results:

And here's some pictures of the hair.


Sometimes I go back and curl a couple sections to make it look perfect, but never on class days... I don't use hair spray most days either, it tends to look fine once the hair has loosened up during the day. 

Thanks so much for checking my blog out!
My cat, Cleo sends her love as well...

1 comment: