Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My DC Trip


A few snapshots of some of my favorite things and places I visited when I went to DC.


 This picture doesn't do the coffee art justice... I had kind of sloshed it around when walking around the DC Union Market.
 Peonies peaking out into an alleyway from a lovely flower shop.
 Serendipity frozen hot chocolate and my beautiful sister.
 Old Town Alexandria
 And of course... the monuments.


I was so nervous going on this trip... No one really seems to mention the scary part of traveling alone. I'm a 22 year old that is scared to travel on my own. I feel like i should go to an AA meeting about this, but I can't be the only one ... right? I think it's the anxiety in me; I find myself imaging everything that could go wrong, and I know that's not healthy.

But, I cannot tell you how accomplished I felt getting off the plane. Well, to be honest, maybe not the first plane, but when I returned home I felt so proud of myself (and maybe a mixture of relief as well). And you know what else? I realized that I truly love to travel. I love finding the best cup of coffee in town, the coolest boutique, or that small unknown spot that locals go to to eat their packed lunches and escape the mundane of their desk jobs. We all need to travel. It's doesn't matter if you live in the biggest city in the world or a rural town; there's something out there that we haven't seen and that's pretty cool if you ask me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment