Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

An Update

Wow, life seems to zoom past. I felt like I just posted to this blog yesterday but obviously I did not. I've started my senior year of college and have a strange combination of itching to be done with classes and the unsettling feeling of not being ready to leave behind the friends, memories and fun.

Last week I was talking to my roommate Katie about the stresses of school and she turned to me and said,

"Our lives are glamorous right now. Think about it, if we want to lay by the pool one day; we can make it happen. We don't have as many responsibilities or spouses or kids to fill our days... We get to live with our best friends and hang with them every week. Soon we'll all be in different cities."

Woah. All this time, I had sat down in front of the TV (while stuffing my face) and thought the lives of The Hills stars or sports stars as glamorous. But me? Never. But, she's completely and utterly correct. Lets spell it out:


  • I can spend my weekends attending football games and hanging with friends 
  • I get winter and spring breaks
  • I get to live in a bachelorette pad with some of my best friends 
  • I have access to one of the best ministries in the world, Breakaway Ministries - and I am lucky to live close enough to go to it every Tuesday. 
  • I don't have Friday classes 
  • I am in a Pilates AND a yoga class 
  • I'm surrounded by Christ loving, kind-hearted and beautiful women  
When I lay it out like this, it's really hard to argue with myself about how lucky I am. I also saw a quote the other day and it's been my mantra as of late; 

"The things you take for granted someone else is praying for." 

Every time I want to complain about my classes or homework I think about this quote. Someone else may be praying for this opportunity to learn and grow, and I am sitting here wallowing in my own self pity.  

Just a few thoughts. 

Hope everyone is doing lovely. 




No comments:

Post a Comment